Buffs have a 100% chance of landing on their intended targets as long as the buff is activated. Positional-based buffs requires a pincer attack to happen for the game to recognize the position.
Debuff skills all have a chance to inflict, but there are more hidden variables. First, the debuff skill has to activate. Some skills have a 100% activation rate, but most tend to be around 30%. Second, each debuff skill has a hidden infliction chance. For example, Ba'gunar's Paralyzing Blade only has an 80% infliction chance. Third, every enemy has a hidden status ailment vulnerability (usually <100%). For example the Wee Orbling from the tutorial stages have a 80% vulnerability to all status ailments. Therefore, if Ba'gunar's Paralyzing Blade activates, it will have a 64% (= 80% * 80%) chance to be paralyzed. Some enemies, like those in metal zones are extra vulnerable to paralysis. Metal Zone 3 runners have a Paralysis vulnerability of 400%, so as long as Ba'gunar's skill activates, it will paralyze the runner that it hits. Powered Points will increase the activation chance to 100%, but won't change the infliction chance.
- Attack Up - Increase attack. Can be an equip, temporary (2 turns), or position-based.
- Defense Up - Increase defense. Can be an equip, temporary (2 turns), or position-based.
- Magic Attack Up - Increase magic attack. Can be an equip, temporary (2 turns), or position-based.
- Magic Defense Up - Increase magic defense. Can be an equip, temporary (2 turns), or position-based.
- Elemental Damage Down - Decrease damage from the given element. Can be an equip, temporary (3 turns), or position-based.
- Regen - Unit recovers some HP at the start of a turn for 3 turns.
- Levitation - Unit takes no damage from ground traps or ground based attacks like Avalanche or Maelstrom. Can be an equip or temporary (3 turns).
Many skills involve status ailments. They can be inflicted onto enemy units, a unit can cure an ailment from itself or other units, or a unit can guard against that ailment from being inflicted in the first place. Characters with Guard skills have a 50% resistance to the status effect. Characters with the Ward skills are 100% resistant to the status effect. Typically, the ones with Ward skills also have access to skills that will cure the whole party of the ailment, or prevent it in the case of Death.
Unit is damaged at the start of a turn for 3 turns. Venom is a stronger version of Poison that deals more damage each turn.
- Venom, Venom Bomb, Corrosive Cloud
Unit falls asleep and is unable to move or attack for 3 turns. Enemy units will not act, and their action timers will not decrease after you take a turn. Deep Sleep is a stronger version of Sleep, where the enemy will not wake when it is damaged.
- Lullaby, Slumber, Sleeping Gas
- Sandman's Lullaby (Deep Sleep)
- Rise and Shine, taking damage (Sleep only)
Unit is paralyzed and unable to move or attack for 3 turns. Enemy units will not act and their timers will not decrease after you take a turn.
Unit cannot be controlled and will randomly move around the field at the end of the player's turn. Confused units will neither initiate pincer attacks, nor participate in chains, even if placed accordingly by chance.
Unit's attack stat and skill activation rate reduced to 0. Magic attack is unaffected, and skills will still activate through the use of a Powered Point.
- Demoralize, Intimidate, Demoralizing Blade, Demoralizing Spear
- Esprit de Corps
Unit turns into stone and cannot move or be moved. Chaining is not blocked if the petrified character is in line with the chain.
Target takes damage equal to target's remaining health.
Doom also inflicts instant death after its timer reaches 0.
- Death, Assassinate, Dispatch
- Preventable with Death Ward (Chain)
Unit cannot move or act, removes Levitation, and deals damage at the start of the turn.
- Shadowbind, Gravity Field
*Shadowbind was originally named Gravity. In Patch 4.0.0, it was renamed because of the introduction of the Graviton attribute.
Unit cannot move or act, and being pincered causes unit to die.
Scorched units damage the other unit swapping with them by 50% of their current HP. This can KO a unit if it is swapped too many times.
|Not Scorched||-||Swapped unit damaged|
|Scorched||Mover damaged||Both units damaged|
- No inflict, enemy only
- Scorch Relief
Chaining the affected unit will severely reduce all allies' ATK/DEF/MATK/MDEF.
- No inflict, enemy only
- Lunacy Relief
Panacea cures Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Confusion, Demoralization, Petrification, Icebind, and Shadowbind. It does not cure Scorch or Lunacy, and does not remove debuffs, like reduced skill activation (inflicted by Seed, and Odin (Boss)), nor Nullify Healing.
- Character: Eileen, Gatz, Nazuna, Palpa, Schweiz, Sheena (Cleansing Caper), Zafitte
- Monster: Mechanic Kino Λ
- Status Guard - 50% resistance to Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Confusion, Demoralization, and Petrification
- Ribbon - 50% resistance to Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, Confusion, Demoralization, Petrification, Icebind, Shadowbind, Scorch, Lunacy, and Instant Death
Some characters have skills that can inflict multiple status ailments at once.
- Mood Swing - Inflicts poison, sleep and demoralization
- Fickle Birds - Inflicts poison, sleep and demoralization
- Character: Nazuna
- Plague - Inflicts poison, sleep and confusion
- Character: Marilith Λ
There are many Monsters that can inflict or remove Status effects. Most players will have removal covered due to Palpa being available through the story, but status effects can be useful against certain bosses or in the Metal Zone.
Note: Even if the skill activates, different skills have different inherent infliction chances.
|Poison||Poison Sting, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Triscorp LV20|
|Poison Vial, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Vial Chucker LV15|
|Green Spores, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Starwhip LV15|
|Sleep||Rose Thorn, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Mecharose LV20|
|Sleeping Gas, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Mech Orbling LV1|
|Sleeping Gas, Pincer Area, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Cybergolem LV45|
|Demoralize||Demoralize, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Floralpede LV20|
|Demoralize, Area (1), 30% (3 turns)||100%||Electrosapper LV35|
|Paralyze||Paralyze, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Paralypede LV 1|
|Paralyze, Area (2), 30% (3 turns)||75%||Paralypede LV 35|
|Paralyzing Dust, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Mothbot LV15|
|Paralyzing Tentacles, Pincer Area, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Kraken LV65|
|Confuse||Confuse, 30% (3 turns)||100%||Flamebot LV30|
|Garbage, Area (2), 100% (3 turns)||30%||Wastecell LV20|
|Death||Chaos Blade, 30%||100%||Lich LV35|