“ Evolve characters by recoding their DNA using items and monsters as catalysts. ”
Recode DNA is a feature that can be used to upgrade certain characters to Lambda (Λ) characters. These characters are considered a separate unit and may be owned alongside their non-recoded versions. Recode DNA can be accessed from the [Tavern].
During events, some recoded adventurers may also be recruited directly from the Pact of Truth or Pact of Fate (energy). Recoded characters that have been recruited from the Pact of Truth have the same properties as characters obtained through recoding, but start at base level with 0% skill boost and 0 Luck.
Eligible Characters[edit | edit source]
The following Adventurers may also be obtained directly from the Pact of Fellowship:
The following Adventurers have not been made available in pact events:
- Bahamut Λ, Dracorin Λ, Echo Λ, Lacuma Λ, Leviathan Λ, Lich Λ, Lucia Λ, Marilith Λ, Mizell Λ, Nazuna Λ, Nia Λ, Odin Λ, Palpa Λ, Senala Λ
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Chapter 20 must be completed to access the Recode DNA menu.
The following is a list of general requirements to recode a character:
- Character at level 80 or higher in all jobs
- Must not be in any squads
- Two specific Monsters at level 50 or higher
- Must not be in any squads
- Joker Λ can be used as a replacement for one missing or under-leveled monster
- 5 Helixes
- An additional Recode DNA item
- 15 Weapon-type or Attribute-type items
- 30,000 Coins for characters that recode to Z Class, or 20,000 Coins for others
- The exact requirements are different for each character. Check the recoded character's page for exact requirements.
- If the recoded character is already owned, the pre-recode character may be recoded again to increase skill boost and Luck.
- Recoding is not available if the recoded character is already at 100 Luck.
- This means that it is possible to have a recoded character with maxed Luck, but non-maxed skill boost.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Characters are promoted to a higher class and have a higher stat cap. They will start at level 1, regardless of their level before recoding.
If a recoded character is already owned, the recoded character's level will not reset. The existing recoded character will gain additional skill boost and Luck instead.
Once a character has been recoded, their non-recoded form may be recruited again as a fresh character at base level and 0% skill boost. The two monsters will also be lost upon recoding, and may be recruited again through the usual methods.
Skill Boost[edit | edit source]
Skill boosts from the character are fully (100%) carried over.
A fifth (20%) of the skill boosts from both monsters are also carried over. A monster with 100% skill boost will carry over 20% skill boost, for a total of up to 40% skill boost from both monsters. (Jennish at 60% skill boost recoded with Vajra at 100% skill boost and Paralypede at 100% skill boost results in a Jennish Λ with 100% skill boost.)
The total skill boost carried over from the character and monsters will not exceed 100%.
Luck[edit | edit source]
Luck from the character is fully (100%) carried over. A fifth (20%) of the Luck from both monsters is also carried over.
If the recoded character is already owned, an additional 5 Luck is added to the recoded character.
The max Luck value of the character is increased to 100. The total Luck carried over will not exceed this value.
Skills[edit | edit source]
For adventurers, skills are unlocked at levels 1, 30, 50, and 80/90 instead of the traditional levels of 1, 15, 35, and 65.
Skill slots are unlocked at levels 1, 20, 40, and 60. They may be used to access any skill from all previous jobs of the non-recoded character. Skills selected in skill slots are not affected by level caps, but the number of skill slots available is still limited by level caps.
Recoded monsters retain their old skills; their skills and skill slots are unlocked at the usual levels.
Jobs[edit | edit source]
For monsters, new jobs are available with new skills. These jobs are obtained through Add Jobs and have the usual item requirements.
Recoded adventurers have only one job.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Version 2.5.0 introduced Recode DNA and included A'misandra Λ, Jennish Λ, Koko Λ, Lewto Λ, Olber Λ, Piz'fer Λ, Samatha Λ, Yukken Λ, and Zerro Λ.
- Version 2.6.0 expanded the Recode DNA pool to include Bahamut Λ, Leviathan Λ, Odin Λ, Lich Λ, and Marilith Λ.
- Version 2.8.0 expanded the Recode DNA pool to include Alika Λ, Gegonago Λ, Pupropé Λ, and Rejin Λ. These characters were released on July 17, 2015.
- Lucia Λ was added along with an event to obtain her materials on November 2, 2015.
- She is the first recoded character to receive additional skills from her material monsters.
- Version 3.3.0 added Amazora Λ and Jaguna Λ. These characters were released on November 30, 2015.
- Version 3.6.0 added Ellvern Λ. He was released on January 29, 2016.
- Version 3.7.0 added Nakupí Λ. He was released on February 29, 2016.
- Version 3.8.0 added Bonna Λ. She was released on March 31, 2016.
- Version 4.0.0 added Gatz Λ and Palpa Λ. They were released on April 29, 2016.
- Version 4.1.0 added Camellia Λ, Eileen Λ, Korin Λ, and Suoh Λ.
- Suoh Λ was released on June 24, 2016.
- Eileen Λ was released on July 1, 2016.
- Camellia Λ was released on July 15, 2016.
- Korin Λ was released on July 22, 2016.
- Version 4.1.1 added Daiana Λ and Sh'berdan Λ.
- Daiana Λ was released on August 5, 2016.
- Sh'berdan Λ was released on August 12, 2016.
- Version 4.2.0 added Amina Λ, Burbaba Λ, Kem Λ, Mizell Λ, and S'naip Λ.
- It also added the ability to recode characters whose recoded form is already owned.
- Burbaba Λ and Mizell Λ were released on August 26, 2016.
- S'naip Λ was released on September 2, 2016.
- Kem Λ was released on September 9, 2016.
- Amina Λ was released on September 16, 2016.
- Version 4.3.0 added A'merpact Λ, Bahl Λ, Lacuma Λ, Nia Λ, Ra'prow Λ, and Sha'plar Λ.
- Lacuma Λ was released on September 30, 2016.
- Bahl Λ was released on October 7, 2016.
- Nia Λ and all of her materials became obtainable from her event on October 14, 2016.
- Ra'prow Λ was released on October 21, 2016.
- Sha'plar Λ was released on November 11, 2016.
- A'merpact Λ was released on November 18, 2016.
- He was accidentally released early for a few hours on November 16, 2016.
- Version 4.4.0 added Clara Λ, Echo Λ, Grace Λ, Invincible Λ, and Senala Λ.
- Clara Λ, Senala Λ and Invincible Λ were released on November 25, 2016.
- Grace Λ was released on December 2, 2016.
- Echo Λ was released on December 22, 2016.
- Version 4.5.0 added Seiryu Λ, who was released on January 28, 2017.
- Version 4.6.0 added Joker Λ, which can be used as a replacement for any one material monster.
- Version 4.7.0 added Velraine Λ and Dracorin Λ.
- Nazuna Λ was released on May 5, 2017.
- Version 5.2.0 added Djugan Λ, Ba'gunar Λ, Sayu Λ, Ginny Λ, Zafitte Λ, Pahrl Λ, Feno Λ, Andelucia Λ, and Beau'ne Λ.
- Recoded characters were removed from the permanent pools of the Pact of Truth, Pact of Fate (energy) and Pact of Hope. They may occasionally become available during events.
- Djugan Λ, Ba'gunar Λ, Sayu Λ, and Ginny Λ were released on February 28, 2018.
- Zafitte Λ, Pahrl Λ, Feno Λ, Andelucia Λ, and Beau'ne Λ were released on March 30, 2018.
- Version 5.3.0 added Gigojago Λ, who was released on April 27, 2018.
|Map||Chapters • Cryptid Forest • Orbling Cavern • Shin'en Λ (Quest) • Mutoh Λ (Quest)|
To another world: Ultimate Five • The Death of Shay and Arionne
|Arena||Special Quests • Descent Quests • Eidolons • Tower of Temptation|
|Huntland||Metal Zone • Hunting Zone • Strikes Back Quests • Daily Quests|
|Main||Characters • Companions • Items • Achievements|
|Tavern||Pact of Fate • Pact of Truth • Pact of Fellowship • Companions of Truth • Companions of Fellowship|
Trading Post • Add Jobs • Recode DNA • Upgrade Companions
Energy Shop • Restore Stamina