Each of your individual units will level up over time as they gain experience from battle. If a character dies during a quest, that character will still earn experience at the end of that quest, provided it was cleared successfully. Leveling up will increase your unit's stats. Your characters will also learn new skills at certain level thresholds.
Each adventurer job and each monster can reach up to level 90. Level 90 units will continue earning experience until they require 1 experience to reach the next level.
See also: Power Leveling
Combos[edit | edit source]
A stacking experience modifier is granted for each enemy you defeat in one turn beyond the first one. This bonus encompasses all actions of your squad performed in the battle phase of one turn, not just within a single pincer attack. Here is a simple overview of the experience gained by combos:
- The first kill grants its base experience value (base EXP).
- The second kill grants 110% of its base EXP.
- The third kill grants 120% its base EXP.
- The fourth kill grants 130% its base EXP.
This bonus excludes enemies that die outside your turn, for example by taking damage from counterattacks, traps, or by another enemy's friendly fire. Those kills do award base EXP, but do not count towards any combos. Summoned enemy units also count towards the combo even though they themselves only grant 1 base EXP.
Experience boosters[edit | edit source]
EXP boosting skills are additive and cap at a total increase of 130%.
- Increases EXP earned by 100%.
- Primordial Dragon Z - Level 1
- Increases EXP earned by 15%.
- Increases EXP earned by 10%.
EXP boosts from items are not limited by the EXP skill cap. They can be used alongside EXP skills to further increase EXP gain.
- EXP Boost - Increases EXP earned by 50%
See also[edit | edit source]
- Characters/Stats - Sortable table of character stats at certain levels